Leadership Rising was chosen as the name of the Eureka College Student Leadership Program because of its focus on helping students prepare for a future of needed social change, facing obstacles, rising to challenges where leadership is sorely needed, and to ultimately become equipped to make a difference as Eureka College students and graduates.
The Eureka College Student Leadership Program provides a multitude of opportunities for students to grow and learn as leaders through the following.
Practicing teamwork and leadership development through clubs and organizations, athletics, the Greek community, service and volunteer activities, fine & performing arts, classroom projects, and even student employment roles.
Education and Support events that are integral to co-curricular team and leadership development for students and are offered at all levels of participation. The Student Leadership Competencies, https://studentleadershipcompetencies.com/, are utilized as a framework for this programming.
Putting into Action & Applying all you've learned about teamwork and leadership is what will set you apart as Eureka College graduates
PROGRAMMING OFFERED TO SUPPORT THE ABOVE 3 AREAS
INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- A Fall Leadership Kick-Off program for leaders/representatives from clubs, organizations, and athletic teams.
- Semester workshops offered specifically for groups that have commonalities in interests and the practice of teamwork and leadership (athletics, clubs & organizations, fine & performing arts, etc.).
- A Spring all-campus leadership conference offered early in the semester, which will include a mentoring component for new students (fall or spring start) to be matched with upperclass students.
- Collaboration with Career Development to encourage networking and mentoring with alumni and friends of the College including offering a leadership session as part of the Spring Career Launch.
- A Student Leadership Council (representatives from student groups) to meet 2x a semester to serve as a sounding board and feedback loop to provide input on programming.
- Partnering with the Campus Activities Board's Leadership Awards Program to be offered at the end of the academic year.
Questions may be directed to, Shari Rich, Associate Dean of Student Activities, Leadership, and Service, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-467-6424.