What is Leadership Rising?
Leadership Rising focuses on helping students prepare for a future of necessary social change, facing obstacles, and rising to challenges where leadership can make a difference. We believe this can be accomplished through:
Practice - develop leadership skills by getting involved on campus and in the local community
Education - in and out of the classroom, your 10 Essentials will empower you to lead. Learn even more through retreats, workshops, and conferences
Application - use your leadership skills to make a positive impact at Eureka and beyond
The Leadership Rising Program provides a multitude of opportunities for students to grow and learn as leaders through the following:
- Fall Leadership Kick-Off - a yearly program for leaders and representatives from clubs, organizations, and athletic teams.
- Workshops - offered each semester for groups that share an interest in practicing teamwork and leadership (athletics, clubs & organizations, fine & performing arts, etc.).
- All-Campus Leadership Conference - offered early in the spring semester to all students. This opportunity includes a mentoring relationship, where new students (fall or spring start) are matched with upper-class students.
- Mentoring and Networking Opportunities- in collaboration with Career Development, we encourage and create opportunities with alumni and friends of the College, including the leadership session of the Spring Career Launch.
- Student Leadership Council - composed of representatives from student groups, this council meets twice per semester to give feedback and provide input on programming.
- Leadership Awards Program - in collaboration with CAB, this program recognizes the achievements of organizations and their members at the end of the academic year.
Questions may be directed to, Shari Rich, Associate Dean of Student Activities, Leadership, and Service:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-467-6424.